Sorry it has been so long since I've written. We are moved into our house and I also quit my babysitting job, so now I'll have more time to catch up with friends. Our trip to Mexico was amazing! Take a look at the pictures I posted. I was really upset because when I got my pictures back, there were so many that were bad or not even there! I'm not sure if it was my picture taking, Ritz Camera, or the security X-ray machine at the airport. I was sooo mad. Anyway, at least some of them came out. As soon as we get our scanner hooked up (or we find Levi's digital camera) I will post house pictures. In the meantime, I can show pictures of the house when I see you in person (ie-Tammy, Dave, Jake, Tina, Erin...etc). I will tell a little bit about some things that happened on our trip...there are too many stories to post, but if you ask me later I will fill you in! Well, our beach house almost got broken into! A bandito tried to sneak in at night and steal from our group, but luckily Joanna's brother Jeremy was sleeping in the living room and he scared the guy away! Crazy, huh? Then we went to a Starbuck's (not my idea!!) and we saw Rachel Ray! No mistake. I was standing by the door waiting for friends when she got up and walked right by me. I was like "hhhi". It was weird to be that close to someone famous. Although, I would be lying if I said I was one of her biggest fans (or 'a' fan for that matter). Levi caught a 35lb. mahi mahi and it took him almost 40mins to reel him in! man, did he taste good with lime and pepper! We ate a lot of really yummy food and had a lot of yummy alcohol! um...lets see....we got a flat tire! Well almost. The air in the tire was just really low so we had to stop at a gas station and get it pumped up. Trying to communicate was interesting. I know a little spanish, but some words I would just say in english. "Donde es gas station?".... "Como se dice 'scissors'?"...It was pretty funny. Our house keeper would just look at us like we were nuts when we would try and talk to her! We bought a sink while we were there. It was insane trying to bring that back! It is hand painted and beautiful. We also bought a hammock, a vase, a lamp made out of a gourd, and a wall decoration. On the flight down we upgraded to first class! Talk about awesome! We drank wine, ate food, and in the end we got ice cream! The stewardess snuck us a whole bottle of wine to take with us. SWEET! The trip back however was not as pleasant. We took a van to a bus to a plane to another plane to a car to home! A total of 21 hours of traveling or waiting to travel! What a long trip back! Oh, and I hate flying period... but especially in small planes. I basically cried the whole way home and every time the plane dipped I would gasp. Needless to say the trip was a blast, but I don't think I'll want to get back on a plane any time soon. well, I have to go eat some lunch now. I hope you are all doing well! I can't wait to see you and talk to you again!
Frankie
Sunday, June 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
We bought a hammock while we were there too! Did you also get one of those striped woven blankets that were everywhere?
No, but only because i already have a couple blankets from when i was there before. (i went on a mission trip to Mexico when i was 16, then went on another one when i was 18). Although, i wasn't in the "beachy nice areas" for the mission trips! it was nice to go to the tropical part of Mexico this time. Where did you guys go? We were by Solomon Bay in the state of Quintanaroo.
I LOVE the pictures and your stories!! :) Looks like you had a fabulous time! :)
we did! thanks for commenting! how are you? on your way back to the mission field? luv ya! :)
Hi Frankie! Thanks for stopping by to say hi. How are you doing? How's the house coming? I know we would all love to see pictures! The song in question (I won't give it away on my blog) is "I Wish I was in New York" by Roman Candle.
Post a Comment