Sunday, December 04, 2005
Christmas Shopping
ARGHHH!! I went shopping this afternoon and it was crazy! You'd think that this would be the time of year when people would 'be of good cheer' and all that....but.... most of the people I encountered were anything but cheery! The lines we long, my feet were barking, and my wallet was feeling light! Two hours of shopping and I felt like I had been shopping for ten. At least I could enjoy a medium chai tea latte on the way out of the mall. Phew. Even the parking lot was a zoo. People who didn't have stop signs were stopping....and then acting annoyed and honking at me to GO!! when I was the one with the stop sign! Next Christmas I vote that there be no shopping, no tree, no hassel! Do I sound like the Grinch? Maybe.....but hear me out..... I think that instead of having the traditional Christmas feast, and presents, and decorations....we should just devote all our energies into doing good will......like volunteering at a soup kitchen or donating goods/money to missionaries. Its great to spend time with family and show your love to one another....but why the hoards of presents? why all the lights and tinsel? ok...now I am starting to sound like an afterschool special. I'll go now before I get off on another Christmas tangent.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment